We are doing arena-style conferences this fall. I know this is a change from previous years. We will look at possible format changes for Spring Conferences. I encourage families to reach out to individual teachers if you prefer a virtual conference format. Virtual conferences will be scheduled individually with teachers.
The arena-style format allows you to visit with any teacher in any order, or choose to visit just those teachers with whom you want based on questions, concerns, or interests.
Arena style key points:
- Conferences take place first come, first served. They are held in the gymnasium. They will be by each grade level team. Allied Arts will be in the cafeteria if you need to visit with an Allied Arts teacher.
- There will be an individual line for each teacher.
- When others are waiting, please limit the conference to 7 minutes. If you need more time or privacy you can schedule an individual meeting.
- You do not need to see every teacher.
- Plan ahead with what you want to ask, and who you want to speak with. For example, ask about homework, grades, tests, content, strengths, areas of concern, how can we help at home, missing work or anything else you want to know. Parents can access Schoology ahead of conferences to review students’ work, etc. so you can be informed as to your student’s progress before the conference time with the teacher. Teachers are here to help all students be academically successful.
New Conference Dates:
Thursday, Oct. 27, 2022- 4:40- 8:40 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2022- 7-9 a.m. & 4:40-6:40 p.m.